Can you believe it's 2013? My debut year has come and gone and now I am
If you're hoping this is a post about how to get into publishing, sadly it is not. My only advice in that regard is to be AWESOME and like to read or write. Living in New York helps, too.
Nope, I'm looking for an intern. My lovely intern Taryn, aka the BUSIEST person in the world, has all sorts of amazing things going on. Sad for me, good for you. If you're interested, here are the details.
Who I'm looking for:
Someone who is interested in Young Adult, loves social media, and has a good eye for design.
What you'll do:
- Moderate the Crewel World twitter account, and my FB author page (along with yours truly)
- Help organize contests, interviews, world domination (well, not the last one—at least not until we know each other better. I find world domination requires a certain camaraderie.)
- Oversee swag design and ordering like bookplates, etc.
- Other things which shall be thoroughly discussed and settled on between us.
The, um, benefits:
- Access to me, which might be a drawback.
- You'll be working with agents, publicists and marketing professionals.
- A line on your resume (that's a benefit, I promise.)
- Other stuff I'll talk about with final candidates privately (a girl has to have some secrets).
So if you are interested, drop me a line or a resume if you have one, include links to twitter/blogs/etc so I can stalk you, and we'll go from there.