1. Denial - "My book is in such great shape. The edits will be cake. Heck, I might not even have any!"
2. Anger - "I cannot believe the readers can't follow that. How many times do I have to say it? So unfair!"
3. Bargaining - "If I change the name of that character, I can keep the completely unnecessary, but awesome love scene, right?"
4. Depression - "I will never get this done. I'm a worthless hack of a writer, and my very touch is destroying anything good about this book. Maybe I should drink a bottle of wine."
5. Acceptance - "Wow. This is so much better than it was before. In fact, it actually makes sense. My editor is a genius."
I believe I'm clocking in at step 4...good news is that I'm close to 5, bad news is that it's all relative.