Ok, I thought I'd get in on the whole Friday Five thing, so we can get to know each other better! This week's addition is past lives. So I'll tell you five things from my past, and you can share your own past life with me!
1. I'm married to my high school sweetheart, so when people criticize YA writers for the whole teens can't be in true love thing, it makes me crazy!
2. We got married at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO. The hotel that inspired The Shining and where they filmed the tv version!
3. I got a full ride scholarship to undergrad, but only because someone else turned theirs down. I have no idea who that person is, but thank you!
4. My undergraduate thesis was on marriage in Shakespeare, and it was titled Much Ado about Matrimony!
5. For two years I owned and ran a business selling car seat safe blankets called the Baby Bloak.
AND NOW FOR THE EPIC CONTEST, AND IT IS EPIC. SO EPIC I AM FORCED TO TYPE IN CAPITOL LETTERS.
Ok, calming down now. I'm giving away a writer's survival kit, which is guaranteed to keep you sane if not on track.
What's in it?
Coffee.coffee.coffee (or tea, if you're a weirdo)
An awesome Starbucks mug
A Barnes and Noble gift card
A selection of summer reading materials
AND a query and 10 page critique by yours truly. I'll even talk with you on the phone if you'd prefer.
So how do you win all this loot? I'm giving you a couple of ways to enter. Please leave a comment for each method you complete!
1. Leave a comment telling me something awesome about your past life.
2. Follow me on twitter (@GenniferAlbin )
3. Friend me on Facebook.
4. Follow this blog.
Easy enough, right? One entry for each, leave a comment for each entry. I'll run this contest through June 2, 2011. Entries will close at 11:59 CST. Good luck!